Terms and Conditions
Mulberry Divers Ltd
Terms and Conditions for Boat Bookings v1.6 dated March 2019
Please read these Terms and Conditions very carefully before booking your trip as they will apply to your contract with us.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions only: “you”, “your” means you the customer, 'Skipper' refers to the person responsible for Mulberry Diver on a trip and “I”, “we”, “our” and “us” means Mulberry Divers Ltd
1. It is your responsibility to contact the Dive Centre after 16:30 the day before your scheduled departure to check that the conditions are suitable for boat to run.
2. Our dives are categorized according to distance from East Beach slipway as follows: Inshore Trips (up to 3 miles) £28; Coastal Trip (3-6 miles) £30; Offshore Trips (6-9 miles) £33; Further Offshore Trips (9 miles +) £38 - per diver.
3. Bookings are confirmed once you have purchased a Boat Bond at £25. During the season you pay for dives as you take them. For your final dive the £25 can either be credited towards the dive or rolled forward to next year at your option. In the event that you have booked a series of dives and do not turn up on the scheduled date then the boat bond will be used to offset the cost of the trip and all future bookings cancelled.
4. Cancellation (a). By You – Where a cancellation is received less than 7 days before departure no payment will be refunded. If you are late or elect not to dive on on the day no refund will be given (b). By Us - Minimum numbers are required for a dive to take place (Inshore - 4 persons, Offshore/Further Offshore - 6 persons). We will endeavour to fill remaining places; if not possible then the skipper may revise the trip plan or cancel the dive - in this instance you will not be charged if you opt not to dive. If a trip is cancelled because we consider in our reasonable opinion you to be unfit to dive or not ready to depart at the scheduled departure time you will be liable for the full cost of the trip.
5. Weather - Diving is weather and tide dependent; dives are therefore subject to change from the advertised schedule or cancellation due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If we cancel under these conditions you will be entitled to a credit or refund at your option. The skipper's decision in relation to weather conditions and fitness to dive is final and binding.
6. Insurance - You are required to have your own insurance - proof of cover may be requested.
7. You are responsible for the conduct of your own dive within your own capabilities, training and experience. Evidence of certification (card or logbook) is required and must be produced when booking in for your dive. You must complete an assumption of risk form and this must be received by us prior to diving. Depths given are estimates and should not be taken as exact.
8. You are required to carry a timing device, SMB and reel on every dive.
9. If you book onto a boat as a single person you need to provide proof of certification for solo diving and be appropriately equipped or forego the dive if you cannot persuade someone else on the boat to dive with you.
10. All equipment whether hired or owned is your own responsibility. Neither Mulberry Diver Ltd nor the skipper accept responsibility, liability or consequential loss or damage, you need to ensure that your equipment is stowed safely.
11. The Diving at Work Regulations 1997 - you may not appoint us or any of our employees as Diving Supervisors under any circumstances.
12. The Skipper has authority at all times to make decisions with regard to the safety of Mulberry Diver and the persons onboard. You must follow the Skipper's direction in any and all matters and the Skipper's decision is final and binding.
Get FREE access to Try Scuba, Try Snorkelling and Try Freediving materials.
Click the link below and create a Free Profile for yourself at DIVESSI.COM
You’ll get FREE access to SSI Freediving /Snorkeling, Try Scuba and Basic Diver. To continue with your training, visit Mulberry Divers and sign up for the complete program. You can download the material directly to your smart device for unlimited access, even without an internet connection.